What is the Kia Sportage Safety Rating?
Drivers in and around the Springfield area know that the Kia Sportage is one of the most popular and affordable SUVs available. But is this Kia safety rating high enough to offer you the peace of mind you truly need for trips beyond Albany? Our team at Kiefer Kia will help you learn everything you need to know about the Kia Sportage safety rating, features, and more to help you find out!
Kia Safety Rating – Sportage NHTSA and IIHS Scores
Kia safety ratings are known among the industry as being above average, so it should come as no surprise that the new Kia Sportage has excellent marks from the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration):
- Overall NHTSA Safety Rating: 5 stars
- Overall Front Star Rating: 4 Stars. Front passenger-side – 4 stars and Front Driver Side – 5 stars.
- Overall Side Star rating: 5 Stars
- Combined Side Barrier and Pole Ratings — 5 Stars
- Rollover Rating — 4 Stars
Kia safety ratings from the IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) are characteristically solid. The 2020 Kia Sportage is ranked “Good” on all the sections rated for crashworthiness, including:
- Small overlap front, driver’s side
- Small overlap front, passenger’s side
- Moderate overlap front
- Roof Strength
- Head Restraints and Seats
Kia Sportage Safety Features
Just how are Kia Sportage safety ratings so high? Because it comes with all the advanced safety features you need to keep you confident and calm on your Roseburg-area commute.
- Iso-Structure™ Construction on the Sportage is made of steel alloys and with high-tension strength, improving the rigidity of the frame.
- Brake Assist and Traction Control feature automated assistance in situations when it counts.
- Blind Spot Monitor and Cross-Traffic Alert are just a couple of tech features that keep you aware of activity around your vehicle.
The following NHTSA-recommended features are available on all trims.
- Forward Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Crash Imminent Braking
- Dynamic Brake Support
Learn More About the Kia Sportage Safety Rating Kiefer Kia
Have you been impressed by the Kia Sportage safety ratings? Our team is ready to help you learn more about how the Kia Sportage can help you take on your everyday drives through Roseburg and Albany. Contact us today to learn more!
More from Kiefer Kia
The 2021 Kia Sorento is no stranger to Springfield roads, and drivers around the area are celebrating the return of this iconic vehicle. If you’re in the market for a new SUV, there are plenty of Kia Sorento trim levels to select from. But what is the price of the Kia Sorento trim levels, and…
When you decide on the 2021 Kia Telluride, then you’re looking for a vehicle that can not only handle your daily drives to Springfield, but move whatever you need. The Kia Telluride towing capacity is an extremely respected 5,000 pounds, meaning it can pull a small boat or camper with ease on your weekend…
Looking for a new Kia Forte? You’re going to be surprised by the number of interior options that you have on this efficient and beautiful car. With plenty of features, you can see how the inside of the Kia Forte performs from a comfort and a technology standpoint, while also being able to see the…